[DeTomaso] Techno question: where is this gremlin located?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Aug 13 00:00:33 EDT 2010

In a message dated 8/12/10 6 51 14, dickruzzindesign at aol.com writes:

> Another electrical question.
>
> My fans turn so fast on the freeway from airflow through the radiator,
> without power, that the little light that tells me when the fans are
> on glows at about 30% of full normal brightness (when the power is to
> the fans).
>
> What is happening?

Perfectly normal.   When the fans are powered, they are consuming energy.
When they're not powered, but they're spinning from airflow, they produce a
little bit of energy, which manifests itself in a dimly glowing fan light.
 If you turned on the fans, the light would go full bright, because then
the circuit would be fully powered.

Think of the fan light as sort of a speedometer.   See if you can drive
fast enough to make it glow full bright! :>)