[DeTomaso] New DeTomaso logo

Bill Lewis lotus0005 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 12 21:34:49 EDT 2010

Well, get ready to throw me off the train - but the old logo - other than being  "our" logo ain't too swift.  The new one has a Thunderbird (as in Indian - not Ford) look to me.
And, why would he try to revive DeTomaso?  Other than several thousand Pantera fanatics, what does the brand have?  How many of us are going to rush out and buy the latest DeTomaso "sedan?"  Like I've said many times before, the Pantera is in the top 5 best-looking cars in the world, but, ahem, they do have their issues.  And, on the other hand, if they were bullet-proof, how many of us would still have one in our garage?  No, I don't own a Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche, or other more-expensive sports car.  Something tells me that they all have money issues, but the folks who buy them, have the money to buy them AND support/upkeep them.  Reading between the lines here on the forum, it seems some of us don't have finished cars on the road for money reasons.
So:  I love Panteras!!! Period!  I have one.  It's almost on the road, ready for another 30 years.  I know my kids will love it.  ---Bill