[DeTomaso] Techno question: where is this gremlin located?

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 12:50:26 EDT 2010

Spinning fans act as generators.  The solution is to install a diode (or two).
Think of a diode as a one-way door, so install in the correct direction.

Diodes are usually marked with a symbol kind-of like >| electricity flows only
in the direction of the arrow. (to the right in my example)

Chuck Melton

Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Techno question: where is this gremlin located?

Another electrical question.

My fans turn so fast on the freeway from airflow through the radiator,
without power, that the little light that tells me when the fans are
on glows at about 30% of full normal brightness (when the power is to
the fans).

What is happening?
--
All the best,