[DeTomaso] New DeTomaso logo

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Thu Aug 12 09:53:13 EDT 2010

I think as marketing goes, it may be a good move on their part.  They
may be trying to severe the link between the old and the new, to a
certain degree.  Yes, may people still own Panteras and Mangustas, but
there is still a stigma (seen even in the most recent of publications)
that the Pantera was plagued with problems.  By re-inventing the company
and the logo along with it, they may be trying to make a statement that
"This isn't your Father's Cadillac."  It's fresh, crisp, clear and new.
They also are creating a nice separation that distinguishes the clubs,
from the factory.  By using a new logo there won't be a lot of questions
regarding infringement.

Just my thoughts this hazy early morning.
Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA