[DeTomaso] Pantera Pizza Austin TX

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Aug 12 02:29:32 EDT 2010

In a message dated 8/11/10 22 05 46, rimov at charter.net writes:

> Any one heard or remember a Pizza place in Austin called Pantera Pizza.

It was actually a chain that was started by a Pantera owner who was really
in love with his car, in Missouri I believe.   They spread around the center
of the country, and into the surrounding states.   I ate in one in Amarillo
while driving my Pantera from California to Oklahoma in November of 1989.
Their company logo featured a side view of a Pantera.   It appeared on
their napkins; I saved one and had it for years, but lost it somewhere along the
way....

When I visited Dan Jones a few months ago, he told me that the chain was
sold, and although it retains the original name, all connections with the car
were severed.   He took his Pantera to the restaurant once and the staff was
totally clueless. :<(

If you Google "Pantera's Pizza" you'll find all sorts of locations in
Missouri and Illinois....