[DeTomaso] Delrin control arm bushings

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Aug 11 16:27:19 EDT 2010

snip.....
> porsche does not from the factory use it,  they used hard rubber...

Porsche 911s et al with their extreme rear mass bias and trailing arm rear
suspension are an unusual case and a bad example for recommending bushing
swaps either way. There's a LOT of technology in those suspensions; I remember
reading of multi-compound rubber being used in some areas. They've spend 60
years developing an ill-handling machine into a superior handling sportscar
and I'd hesitate to take a shot at 'improving' their result with bushing
swaps. I still remember some Porsches in years past that were white-knuckle
handfuls at speed on bumpy roads... My 2¢-
J DeRyke (who still regrets selling a '55 Super-90 Speedster)