[DeTomaso] c & m blocks

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Tue Aug 10 18:14:31 EDT 2010

 X2
 On Tue 10/08/10  6:05 PM , "Steve Hawkins" shawkins777 at comcast.net
sent:
 This not accurate information.  Almost everything on a 351C will swap
over
 to a 400 except the crank, rods, push rods and motor mounts.  You
will need
 adaptor plates if using Cleveland heads and intake though.  A 400
with
 aluminum heads weighs about what a 351c does with iron heads, much
less than
 a 460.  All performance parts for a 351c will fit a 400 so I don't
know what
 Jack is referring to.  If a 351c stroked to 408 will make power then
so will
 a 400 with the same performance parts.  I just happen to have Dan
Jones
 400fmx block ready to go into my Pantera with A3 heads, a roller cam
and a
 Weber intake with individual runner EFI.  It's bored 40 over was
sonic
 checked with plenty of meat on all cylinders and I'm expecting
550-600HP at
 the flywheel.
 Steve