[DeTomaso] Weight of rear of car minus engine and zf

Tom Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Tue Aug 10 13:21:21 EDT 2010

I figured 2800 pounds with engine and all...60% being in the rear, minus 500 for motor, 150 for ZF, 50 for deck lid, 50-75 for brakes and suspension.
This would be a lot easier if I didn't have to brace the wheels for going onto  a tow truck bed...the lateral forces are what I want to make sure doesn't tear the wheels off.

Now that I think about it isn't the block 500+/-...plus heads, alternator, AC, etc. And no half shafts or suspension...at least for now.  So
Possibly the rear is 700-800 stripped.  That's pretty manageable.

Tom