[DeTomaso] Weight of rear of car minus engine and zf

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 10:27:46 EDT 2010

Yeah, that works, are you using the rear frame piece that goes under the
back of the ZF as the rearward resting point?

If so, there is no reason not to just build it to take the weight of the
whole assembled car.

It could bedesigned sorta  like those used for sailboats in drydock.

Create a carpeted u shaped channel as the upper support, have a few pieces
of steel go down to a steel frame and stick some wheels on that.

You'd probably be better off buying a pair of wheel dollies from Harbor
freight and using those wheels and hardware, the rest could be
1.5" square steel tubing and a 12" piece of a 6" I-beam.

Just an idea.

Michael Shortt