[DeTomaso] NPC: New pix of Jack Roushs jet....

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Mon Aug 9 14:31:10 EDT 2010

 The plane Jack Roush was fling is a Raytheon Premier. The fuselage
is constructed of graphite and epoxy laminate with honeycomb
composite. The development of this fuselage follows technology
developed form the Lear fan, to the Starship.
 During the development of the Premier a constructed fuselage was
dropped from a 1 story building. It bounced. The fuselage saved his
life.  Any other corporate jet and there would have been no survivors.
I am sure he was wearing his seat belt although he might not have been
wearing his shoulder harness.
 I have seen a number of pilots come in low and slow in jets. It is
something the industry needs to address a little better.
 On Mon 09/08/10  2:16 PM , "michael at michaelshortt.com"
michaelsavga at gmail.com sent:
 Thanks for posting, interesting photos.
 I'd guess that given the apparent undamaged cockpit area and
description of
 his injuries that it would be safe to assume that Jack wasn't
buckled up
 when he almost landed or that something was loose in the cockpit
area and
 hit him in the face/head.
 Of course I wasn't there, but I'd say he was a lucky, lucky man and
doubly
 so because a spilled fuel fire didn't consume the wreckage after
impact.
 Michael Shortt

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/RoushMends_AirplaneTotaled_203095-1.htm

 --