[DeTomaso] Drama drama drama

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 22:47:04 EDT 2010

I got a good 60 mile ride down to the lowlands today, the brakes work
great and it makes the car a joy to ride.   Even keeping the throttle
down a bit to make way for deer and turkey and groundhogs, it's just
astonishing how luxurious it is having all that power applied to all
that rubber in something penned from sheer genius.

I was almost home, and there was Friday traffic, but no big whup.
I'll just wait in line at every light and eventually I'll be home.
Well it didn't work out quite that well.  The cheap relay I used for
my fans failed in the bad way, and the fuse holder melted before the
30A fuse blew.  The temp climbed in seconds into the red and I pulled
off to hissing and groaning under the deck.  Poor dear thing.

So I popped into the nearest auto-zone and got yet another cheap relay
and fuse holder.  I put it all back together and got home without
incident, and I'm hitting a couple of local car shows tomorrow with
it, but a Bosch relay is on order.  That was most unpleasant, but a
quick fix.

sean

--
"Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers." -P. Picasso