[DeTomaso] New Ford Engine Race Car

Tom Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Fri Aug 6 02:30:30 EDT 2010

Michael, that's a great idea. A new formula car or a closed body sports 2000 type race car would be awesome and inexpensive.
It reminds me of the original 68 CanAm series when small blocks were used...that new 5.0L putting out 480-500 hp
in a 1300-1500 pound car would be quite a drive.  A sealed motor like formula Atlantic would be very dependable and keep
the expenses down.

Below are some interesting formulas of the past....imagine the car in the wave movie below at the hill climb with
two more cylinders(I think that is a BMW straight 6 powering the car)

http://testudladry.free.fr/jcc_videos2005/2005_gemenos_castellana.wmv

http://www.motorsportsmarket.com/pages_new/car_pics.asp?car=124&picnumber=114

http://www.motorsportsmarket.com/pages_new/car_detail.asp?car=66

http://www.motorsportsmarket.com/pages_new/car_detail.asp?car=133