[DeTomaso] Ford 2011 Engine Available

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Aug 5 06:57:43 EDT 2010

In a message dated 8/4/10 11:58:01 PM, tborcich at msn.com writes:

> I've seen a few of Wilkinson's 4.6 installs and there is quite a bit of
> work that goes into it...at least
> with the gear box from the Ford GT.

Correct. The 6-speed Ricardo transaxle is not only more than 50 lbs heavier
than a 5-speed ZF, its wider than the rear frame opening between our rails,
meaning the entire rear frame area needs redoing.... and of course thats
where our rear suspension is mounted, too. Not a trivial task- and all for one
more tranny gear. Butfoy's 6 speed ZF conversion make so much more sense
for those Pantera owners desperately needing a 6-speed. My 2¢- J DeRyke