[DeTomaso] Ford 2011 Engine Available

Tom Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Thu Aug 5 02:57:42 EDT 2010

I read and article on the 2011 Mustang GT with the new 5.0 motor in it and I recall the magazines exact words
were "Ford lied", and way under rated the horsepower that engine puts out...that it's real output was in
the range of 495 horsepower. If it were an easy installation (not) that price is a bargain, its fuel injected, tuned, sorted
and a totally reliable current technology motor...that is if you could keep it cool with a front mounted
radiator. I've seen a few of Wilkinson's 4.6 installs and there is quite a bit of work that goes into it...at least
 with the gear box from the Ford GT.

Tom
4382