[DeTomaso] I've got to get going on my restoration

GW gow2 at rc-tech.net
Wed Aug 4 10:18:55 EDT 2010

In addition to the underbelly and front, the airflow in the rear of the
car is apples to oranges car to car unless you simply talking stock car.
Even tub in and tub out have completely different airflows. The tuff air
flow studies done here have been pretty weak and while some is known
little is really been solved or understood by this. Point being there is
a lot more to look at and frankly it is a bit individual car to car.
Even the ability to have an air opening where the scoops are to being a
closed window will make a huge difference in the airflow in the rear.

As far as a belly pan in the rear I am un decided weather I want the
underbelly of the back completely closed of yet. I want to monitor
things such as engine heat and airflow ans I do; if I do.

Some of the changes to my car include welding up all the holes in the
trunk and I added some metal in the back to close off the rear tub. The
back of the car just felt un finished:

http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/paint2/well.jpg

http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/paint2/wc2.jpg

http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/paint2/well6.jpg

I don't use air conditioning in cars so it's gone. 100+lbs  saved but
instead the rear has a trans cooler.

The oil cooler used to be in the wheel well on the right. While this is
common on these cars it gives the oil coolers a bad name. It is in a
stagnant air location and next to worthless. Mine is in the well but is
isolated from the bay and uses a fan pulling air from the duct:

http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/sidevent/sv12.jpg

I put the oil cooler on the left. I always hated oil lines running under
or around the engine. I felt if I was going this far it should be on the
right.