[DeTomaso] Pipe Bung

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Aug 3 15:26:53 EDT 2010

In a message dated 8/3/10 11:45:17 AM, doug351c at gmail.com writes:

> Has anyone run across a source for weldable pipe bungs similar to ones
> you'd weld to an exhaust to mount an O2 sensor but with NPT thread.

Summitt and Jegs a well as most other speed shops sell them quite cheaply,
but since they're only a 14mm spark plug thread and most guys I know own
such a tap for cleaning out stripped threads, they're so easy to make it seems
a shame to buy such parts. In any case, after welding you should run such a
tap thru the boss(s) to realign the inevitable warpage you'll get. FWIW- J
DeRyke