[DeTomaso] Mayo. (head bolt torque)

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Aug 3 15:20:02 EDT 2010

In a message dated 8/3/10 11:18:29 AM, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

> I retorqued all the head stud nuts on the engine I'm checking out, and
> nearly all the outside nuts were around 90 ft-pounds versus 105.  The head
> stud nuts inside the valve covers were all very near 105.  Is that common?

Dunno. Some builders torque to different specs, and with composite
(non-shimstock) head gaskets, there is a relaxation that usually requires a
re-torque after a few days. Again, some get retorqued, some don't. Theory is fine
but someone is gonna have to pull the heads or at least the sparkplugs and
look for a problem, Good luck- J Deryke