[DeTomaso] Mayo. (head bolt torque)

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 3 14:18:27 EDT 2010

Jack,

    I retorqued all the head stud nuts on the engine I'm checking out, and nearly all the outside nuts were around 90 ft-pounds versus 105.  The head stud nuts inside the valve covers were all very near 105.  Is that common?

  Several of the main studs were low also, but all the rod studs were about right.

Ken