[DeTomaso] Muffler Opinions

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Tue Aug 3 13:30:19 EDT 2010

I was going to post my HP findings to the board when I get them, but this
thread is as good a place as any to broach the topic.  I replaced my headers
a while back with Hall Big Throat with port plates and my stock pipes did
not line up at all.  I rigged up a temp straight pipe and brought it to a
muffler shop to refab and hook up my stock muffler/tips.  He talked me into
stuffing some Borlas under it that are straight pass through and finish it
with dual tips.  It looks like crap to me seeing the tilted muffler from the
back, but, heck, it's only money and I can change it later, I figured.  The
idle and rev sound is pretty sweet.  Seat of the pants, I can tell that the
car is running better than ever before (in my 1 year ownership).  Time
permitting, I'll get new dyno numbers.  It should be a fair comparison if it
would just cool off here a bit.