[DeTomaso] Mayonnaise on the dipstick

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 2 19:02:15 EDT 2010

You also have to deal with oil spraying up through the holes in the lifter
valley.  It would be a mess.

The blow-by past the rings gets to the valve covers, and then the PCV
through a few tiny holes in the lifter valley.

How do I know?  No, I haven't running my engine w/out an intake, but I have
a hole in the lifter valley of my weber intake - for hidden vacuum lines.  I
don't have the vacuum lines, but I still have the hole.  I forgot about the
plug and started the engine - once.  It made a big mess in short order.