[DeTomaso] Mayonnaise on the dipstick

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Mon Aug 2 16:27:29 EDT 2010

Stock 351C heads do not have water passage outlets to the intake.
Period.  Unless of course someone butchered a set of heads to let
water out but then it wouldn't go anywhere because -all- aftermarket
intakes for the 351C are dry.

Water outlets via the front of the block just above the timing cover.
Coolant flows through a convoluted series of passages from the block
into the head and then back OUT of the head into the block and out the
top of the block a the thermostat.

In theory.... you could remove the intake and start the engine by
dribbling gas in the intake ports and NOT have any coolant escape the
engine.

Asa Jay

--
Asa Jay Laughton - sent from somewhere other than home