[DeTomaso] Booster fixed

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Aug 2 14:44:22 EDT 2010

Sean, the only problem I've ever had with their conversion was related to
GM's cost-cutting design: the GM air valve that protrudes from the backside
of the booster (through the firewall under the dash) is brittle plastic, and
the assembly can be cracked either in shipment or as a result of trying to
fit the slightly larger GM booster into a tight-fitting Pantera by yourself.
Since yours worked, you did it right; others may not be so skillful (like
me!)   But the larger stepped master cylinder and the dual vacuum booster also
work exceptionally well in our Pantera.
Note that there is an approximately 2-lb residual pressure valve built into
the master: its a thick black plastic washer-thingy with a circlip, a
ball-check and a short coil spring hiding under the reservoir attachment to the
aluminum casting, if you're interested in removing or modifying it. In any
case, don't add another one to these brake assemblies! FWIW- J DeRyke