[DeTomaso] Nashville Pantera Gathering

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 11:00:48 EDT 2010

I would love to host it here, we could use Roebling Road (
http://www.roeblingroad.com/trackphoto.html ) , the costs are reasonable,
plus we have lots to do, the downside is the lack of twisty roads,
everything here is as flat as Twiggy's chest, not a lot of fun for a driving
tour, versus the mountains of TN.  Ditto on the back drop, I have always
thoughts how cool it would be to have
a Pride of Panteras for a Photo Op in front of the Parthenon in Nashville (
http://www.gerhard-berg.de/Kif_1655_Nashville_Parthenon.jpg ) . There is
both a large grassy area and a parking lot, either would be nice.
Those images would be close to the original ad slicks used in 71 ( If you
squit hard and use your imagination ) plus I didn't want to appear lazy.  As
far as using Atlanta and  Road Atlanta, I think the rental fees would be
prohibitive, however there are some nice twisty roads, esp. a drive to Vogel
Lake State park (
http://www.gastateparks.org/net/go/parks.aspx?LocationID=100&s=124118.0.0.5
 )

Plus is a city like Nashville, we could get a little help from City Parks
people. Plus I do have a brother in Clarksville who's a sport bike person
and he has the 411 on all the twisty roads in the area for a killer driving
tour.

Location doesn't matter really, in the big picture I just think that the SE
USA deserves something like the Fun Rally for the rest of us who can't get
away for 10-11 days ( 3-4 days each way towing or driving a car over 6,000
miles round trip. ) I would be towing, call me wimpy if you want, but 3-4
days at 10 hours a day in the Pantera...unless there is Prize money involved
and the target time is less than 36  hours Coast to Coast - just ain't gonna
happen.

Michael Shortt