[DeTomaso] Techno question: maintenance of sway bar SphereBalls orSphereBars (?)

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 23:24:11 EDT 2010

I just put them on my car and I spoke to the guy that makes them for Quella
and he said that you should not use* ANY* lubricant. He said that the
material he used to make the balls was especially choosen for it's
chareteristics and would work best if left as is. He said any lubricant
would attract particulate matter which would act as an abrasive. I didn't
ask him about about mounting position. My sway bar was mounted with poly
graphite bushings. I had the car on a lift (with no wheels) and I used
stands to take the load off of both sides. I then mounted the sphereballs
and tightened down the upper half of the brackets and let the sway bar move
and distribute the load its self as I raised the lift and took the load off
of the stands which had been supporting the front suspension weight.
I don't know if it was correct but it made sense to me to have the sway bar
"find it's own position " by moving in the sphere balls as they became
loaded. The way I understand it that's the way their supposed to
work.*Innovative
Peripheral Solutions is the company that makes the sphere ball mounts. The
owner is very nice and is happy to talk about his products. You can call him
at 302 252-04481* unfortunately I don't remember his first name but he
answers the phone.
Boyd