[DeTomaso] Bent (stock) pushrod

John Buckman jb841 at cox.net
Sun Aug 1 19:46:30 EDT 2010

Dan,

While the beefier pushrods may be the solution, another item to check is the lifters.

Another Pantera owner had a similar problem with a bent pushrod.
The valve springs were checked (binding, installed height, etc) and determined to be ok.
A new pushrod was fitted and the valve was adjusted.
Engine ran great, and on a short drive, the pushrod bent again.
Again, everything looked ok (except the bent pushrod).
The lifter was taken to Crower for testing.  Crower put the lifter in the squeezer to check for
leak down etc, and the lifter shattered.  The bent pushrod was replaced along with ALL of
the engine's 16 lifters.
Problem solved.

John