[DeTomaso] Muffler Opinions

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 08:57:12 EDT 2010

Monza dual outlets with the baffles "adjusted", the look is classic, the
sound is great and if they are jethot coated, the lifespan is long. Michael
Shortt

On Jul 31, 2010 11:51 PM, "Will Kooiman" <wkooiman at earthlink.net> wrote:

I had Borla XR-1's, and they sounded great.  They are 3" in, 3" out, and
about the same size as the original mufflers.  I sold them because I'm going
to 180's.

I like the sound of gutted stock mufflers.  I don't think they flow any
better, but the sound is a lot better.

The mind train exhaust sounds great, but it's also very loud.

There's a magnaflow muffler that is about the right size to fit in the stock
location.  It has 2 2.5" inlets and 2 2.5" outlets.  You have to make your
own y-pipe for the inlet.

You could make your own... gut some stock mufflers, increase the inlet to
2.5" or so, and replace the resonators with something that muffles, but
doesn't choke.

3" pipes fit.  It doesn't look difficult to take 3 u-bends, cut them just
right, and snake them through the suspension.  2.5" is probably big enough,
though, and would fit better.