[DeTomaso] Video Le Mans Classic 2010 part 1 and 2

Patrick Hals patrickhals at skynet.be
Sun Aug 1 07:54:38 EDT 2010

Hi all,
being VIN 6015, belonging to Martin Joergens, a German super friendly -
super professional dentist ( he was the dentist a.o.of the German Omympic
team at Beijing ) . It was Martin's third participation at LMC ( we met
there for the first time in 2006 ).
I don't have all details at present, but he sadly crashed in the last race ,
after loosing his decklid at close to 180 mph in the Hunaudières in
practice. The car is beautifully prepared by Willi Braun in Germany. Willi
can be contacted at
b.Braun-Heidesheim at t-online.de.

The red-blue GR4 with black fenders is VIN 5855, originally a GR3 that
entered LM in 1975, and was thereafter transformed in GR4 at the factory. It
now belongs to David Gasken,( UK)  for whom it was the first participation
at LMC. The car was a bit slow, ( engine lacking power obviously) but
regular, and finally, David had a fun race and some "high adrenaline"
surprises ( his brake fluid hoses were mounted too close to the front disk,
and naturally... those were eroded by the disk, causing immediate loss of
fluid and brake pressure... luckily with no other damage neither to the car
nor the driver.). The car is being prepared at David's SMDG famous workshop
in UK.
The third GR4 is factory GR4 VIN 2873, ex Clay Regazzoni-Mike Parkes, and
finished the race very well, driven by Tim Meinrennken. The car had a
crystal clear race, and is being prepared by Ed von Tongelen ( who shaved
his huge mustaches for the occasion ! )
For Candy ( factory GR4 VIN 2862) and me, it was just a week end to forget
from a racing standpoint. The car was lacking preparation and testing, and
it was a nightmare all week end. Pat Mical, who had made the trip with his
friend and colleague Seth, proved tremendous knowledge and optimism to try
fixing the multiple problems, but also, a huge sense of humour in sad
moments, but this week end, there was just too much to do. Finally, when
finally heading for the starting grid, I had a puncture in the rear tyre,
and exploded at 150 mph after Arnage, and that was it. The car was just ....
not my usual fast-safe-performant racecar! After that, instead of useless
sadness, it was just party, public relations and fun with my son Lawrie (
third participation at 13 years old ! )
Will tell all details in a future POCA article. Despite the blank result, I
have some GREAT pictures and stories you won't believe ( however they are
100% true stories) to tell you !
Thanks to all of you who have encouraged me, either in person or in writing.
Candy will demonstrate its qualities on another occasion in , hopefully, a
near future
Patrick

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5329 (20100731) __________

http://www.eset.com