[DeTomaso] oil leak questions

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Fri Apr 30 21:21:21 EDT 2010

What I'll probably do is live with it--at least for a while.  This is mainly because when I first got the new engine in the car the rear main seal starting leaking almost immediately.  That's when I had the engine builder give the car to his mechanic to pull the engine so the engine builder could replace all the seals, which he did.  Three months later I finally got the car back, trashed by the mechanic with $4K worth of body damage.

And the motor still leaks.

After having all the seals replaced once already--on a new engine--I don't really want to face the huge hassle of taking everything apart again, unless it's absolutely necessary.  If the drive to Reno makes it absolutely necessary, I guess I'll find out then!

Sincerely,

Chris