[DeTomaso] A/C system questions

fresnofinches at aol.com fresnofinches at aol.com
Wed Apr 28 22:32:37 EDT 2010

 Jim,

Are you starting with new parts, or using the original lines?

If you are using the original lines, bear in mind they are very old and prone
to leaking. They also use the flare style of fittings. The newer o-ring style will
give a more positive seal.

Also, are you planning on using the original R-12 (still my choice, BTW)
or switching to r-134a? If switching, then new lines, and thus o-ring style fittings,
are a must.

But if you need a new flare style drier, I've bought mine from Nostalgic Air Parts
in Tampa, Florida.   http://www.nostalgicairparts.com/

In May of 2007, a "flare drier r-12 or r-134a"  cost $15.00, shipping was $11.00

Part # 4-1005, this one:    http://tinyurl.com/flaredrier

Nearly, if not wholly, identical to the OEM unit.

And if you think it arrives without a sight glass, try peeling off the masking tape
that covers the sight window.  Don't ask how I know this.

Larry