[DeTomaso] tire balance question

fresnofinches at aol.com fresnofinches at aol.com
Wed Apr 28 21:27:08 EDT 2010

 Until recently, I was of the opinion the weights were properly placed in the center of the rim.

But I just had a new set of tires balanced by a 5 star rated Tire Rack installer here in Fresno.

 He is using the newest Hunter machine, the Hunter GSP9700. It cost something like $40K.

And I found weight mounted both on the inner and outer rim areas. The technician said this is
needed to not only reduce the up/down imbalance (static force) but also the left/right wobble
imbalance (couple force).

I found this video on the Hunter website and found it informative:

http://tinyurl.com/wheelbalancing

Larry