[DeTomaso] GTS vs Grp3

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 15:46:25 EDT 2010

Jack (and others)

Going by memory (which is risky in my case!) I think I remember reading that
only the last three GT5-S units manufactured, by definition all 1990 models,
had the transition noses. Again relying on my memory, I think it was in the
PI article talking about Gus’s car roughly 10 years ago that he stated that
fact. I have no other source of information regarding the transition nose,
and have never seen one in person.

What I can verify first-hand is that Colin Bradshaw’s 1990 GT5-S was one of
the last manufactured, and it has the traditional nose. This would tend to
confirm that only the last couple of 5-S cars had elements of the SI. It’s a
variable on the 5-S cars, but I think it was installed on so few cars (the
last 3?) that it is a somewhat more limited variable.

Charles McCall

1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375

"Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe"

 <http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=2323>

  _____