[DeTomaso] Ford (Laminova) oil cooler project

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Apr 28 14:53:35 EDT 2010

In a message dated 4/28/10 11:33:43 AM, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

> Ya, they may not work at "Mad Dog" WOT, but for the rest of us, maybe?  I
> think John Taphorn and Jason Eaton have had good results with them at
> normal human WOT.

Dennis Quella also runs one on his Pantera road-racer since maybe 10 years
ago and he says it works well....I think he's a dealer for the mfgr. Also
Jack DeRyke who's had our Ford-Laminova on for 5 years. Note there is an
engineered flow restriction in one end of the heat exchanger core. This is
apparently to cause turbulence in the flow for more heat removal, and that end
should be at the end of coolest water. When you take it apart for cleaning, the
ends are symmetrical and can be inadvertantly swapped. Only the efficiency
is affected if you do, though.
Which Laminovas do you have? I know they show 4 different assemblies on
their U.S website, besides the one Ford Motor Co installs in police cars, taxis
and hi-po Mustangs. Curious- J DeRyke