[DeTomaso] Ford (Laminova) oil cooler project

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 28 13:59:13 EDT 2010

    I picked up several of these oil coolers, which have a Laminova core and appear to be functionally very similar to the Aeroquip Laminova oil coolers.  I have looked but not measured the space available in the tunnel under the body for the radiator tubes.  There is a separate passage above this area for the heater hoses.  I would like to try to fit the oil cooler in series with the return water tube, and make a small hole in the sheet metal just above the tunnel and run the oil hoses (with added insulation) where the heater hoses were, then use an electric pump up front to pump water to the heater.

    I have too many other projects and can't get to this in the short term.  If someone is interested in working on this, I will give them one of the used Ford oil coolers in exchange for them sharing their results.

Ken