[DeTomaso] Windshield Install

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 28 12:10:29 EDT 2010

Correct.  The trim tightens up the gasket when in position but I've run with and without on different cars and had no

issues over the years.  The windshield won't pop out if you don't have the trim.  The tighter gasket may add a little to water tightness but you should still use sealer.  I put it on both areas of the gasket, where the glass seats and where it seats on

the body...and it can still leak.  There are some interesting angles on the lower corners of the glass if you look carefully.

Michael Frazier
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa