[DeTomaso] Windshield Install

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Apr 28 03:18:33 EDT 2010

In a message dated 4/27/10 12:20:22 PM, julian_kift at hotmail.com writes:

> I thought the trim, gasket and screen all had to go in as a complete
> assembly?

Maybe for some, but I couldn't get the gasket with trim and glass to go
into the body recess single-handed. The same gasket without trim went in easily
with no help.   I stepped back & looked at it and decided that a flat-black
rubber gasket looked better than a black gasket with blacked-out stainless
trim on top of it, was simpler to install, much cheaper & more durable in
color. It also made it simpler to pick up the outside flap of the gasket and
stick the nozzle of the silicone cartrige under it. I didn't need a needle to
get silicone under the naked gasket, and run it all the way around the
windshield opening. No leaks since I did this in 1992. FWIW- J Deryke