[DeTomaso] Decklid/Fender Problem

Art Stephens artstephens at verizon.net
Tue Apr 27 22:19:44 EDT 2010

Julian,
I'm thinking about doing the opposite of Larry's fix.  I think I'll weld the pins to the spider,  (in the same location Gary put the holes),  then I'll probably weld a piece of at least 1/8" flat stock to the body and drill the hole thru that.  I'm planning to make the pins out of either 5/16 or 3/8" bolts with all the threads cut off in order to use the full size shoulder.  It won't be as solid as Gary's solution but hopefully it will be sturdy enough to do the job.

Thanks,
Art