[DeTomaso] Ignition Question

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Tue Apr 27 16:40:27 EDT 2010

dumb questions.....

I thought in the case of electronic ignition, something like Petronix
or Durspark only controls a -trigger- of the spark and the actual
power of the spark is from the coil.

In a capacitive discharge system, the points have some affect on the
amount of charge/discharge of the coil based on how much the condensor
charges.  But in a Petronix unit does that still hold true?

Asa Jay
(ignition ignorant at this point)