[DeTomaso] Temp Gauge Rise

Thomas Tornblom thomas at hax.se
Tue Apr 27 08:06:51 EDT 2010

Will Demelo skrev:
> Another fellow on the PI board has reminded me of a similar problem I'm having. My temp gauge rises considerably ( 15-20 deg) when I raise my headlights. I was thinking it was induction in the wiring, but I beleive the headlight switch only carries the current of the relay coil, which is minimal.
> Any suggestions?

The standard Pantera wiring does not have relays for the headlamp
current, so unless you have installed relays, the switch will carry the
current for the headlights.

Is it the same if you just turn on the parking lights?

I had this problem, and it showed up also when I turned on the parking
lights, and was reduced when I dimmed the gauge lights. I replaced the
lamp holders in the gauges with ones with a separate ground so the
current for the gauge lights wasn't using the same ground as the gauge
and that fixed the problem.

> Will

Thomas