[DeTomaso] NPC: SBF experts: 302 roller cam distributor gear???

steven.liebenow at att.net steven.liebenow at att.net
Mon Apr 26 23:43:31 EDT 2010

All,

I know there are a few of you out there than own other Ford engines......

Here is my issue.   Purchased a new distributor gear from Ford, for a late model roller cam 302.  Has yellow paint on it.

Later purchased a late model distributor that was supposedly run in a 86 or 87 roller cam engine....for a few miles.....has orange paint on the gear....

Anyone have a magic decoder ring for paint swab colors on distributor gears???????

I figure I'll call Ford Motorsports and present the question too....but just in case someone already knows....perhaps you can help!

Thanks!!!!
Steve