[DeTomaso] Windshield Install

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Mon Apr 26 21:50:52 EDT 2010

Mike

The installer did not recommend sealant and I didn't push it because the gasket design would make the application hit or miss if applied before the seal was in place.  Most likely, sealant applied to the channel where the window sits would be pushed out as you pulled the lower gasket flap out through the channel over the edge.  Of course, this sealant would end up all over your dashboard and contribute to one hell of a mess.

Now that the seal is in place, I could see it possible to apply sealant if you had a basketball needle type injector.

I was keen on the idea of using sealant - I simply had forgotten the gasket's design.

JT