[DeTomaso] Windshield Install

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Apr 26 21:11:06 EDT 2010

In a message dated 4/26/10 18 02 8, jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com writes:

>With those fresh memories in hand and on the advice on several private

>>>Oooh, bad idea.   This is one place where you don't want to take any
shortcuts. :<(

> The installer came by this evening and made me feel better, It took him
> two tries and two hours to get it in place.  It was among the most difficult
> installations he had to do.  It was a well spent $95.
>
> Window is in and looks great.

Did the professional use sealant?   I certainly hope he did!!!

FWIW I was in Seattle a few weeks ago and they were telling me about a club
drive they went on, when they got caught in a downpour.   All but one
Panteras had leaking windshields.   Several suffered flooded gloveboxes (and one
had a camera that was destroyed in the glovebox), and one car suffered a
shorted-out fusebox and died on the side of the road.

The one car that was water tight, I BELIEVE, had the windshield properly
sealed with windshield sealant.

Seattle guys--please correct any inaccuracies in my recollection of the
story you told. :>)

And JT--good on you for deciding that discretion is the better part of
valor on the installation itself.   Although I might be able to get a windshield
in with the help of friends, there are some jobs best left to the
professionals, and this is one of them I think!