[DeTomaso] brakes with out booster

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 25 23:46:12 EDT 2010

I removed my brake booster.  Mine was letting air seep in, so the brakes
would gradually apply.  I could have rebuilt the booster, and at some point
I might, but for now I simply have manual brakes.  It's one less thing to
deal with.

The manual brakes are not an issue.  Yes, the pedal is stiffer, but it isn't
bad.

It's also nice to not have to deal with a vacuum source.  My Weber intake
does not have a vacuum port.  Yes, I could have added a vacuum pump or
plumbed the intake, but it was much easier to just remove the booster.