[DeTomaso] brake upgrade question

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 24 11:45:00 EDT 2010

I'd like to add...

A dual master cylinder and a balance bar do not go together.  You either
have a dual master or you have a balancer bar with 2 single masters.

I have a Wilwood pedal assembly with Wilwood masters.  The setup that Quella
sells uses the stock Pantera pedals.  It mounts to the power booster, and
then has 2 small masters.

The stock pantera pedal assembly has a bell crank that positions the clutch
master towards the center of the car.  The clutch pedal is towards the
outside.

The Wilwood pedal assembly positions the clutch master towards the outside,
inline with the clutch pedal.  The negative to this approach is it puts the
clutch master too close to the sheet metal.  I used a BFH to dent the sheet
metal for clearance, but it wasn't quite enough.  I have my car apart right
now.  When I put it back together, I'm going to try a smaller clutch master.

And finally, the Wilwood pedal assembly has the balance bar under the dash.
It is a pain to adjust.  You're on your back and it's difficult to see.  The
Quella/CNC balance bar is under the hood.  It's simple to adjust.  No, I'm
not going to swap out my pedals for the Quella/CNC setup.  Mine works just
fine.