[DeTomaso] dyno results

Mike McDougal mdmcdougal at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 21:42:14 EDT 2010

  For anyone thats interested,  I added the dyno sheet to my POCA album.

  Dan thinks my mufflers may not flow quite enough and my repackable tips
might restrict a little
  but Im still impressed with the numbers.

  Dans list below is correct except--They are SRP pistons, flat top.  Its
all a Scat kit.

  I rarely post here, but I read the "list" every day and have learned a
lot.

  Mike McDougal  #3482

>Message: 12
>Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 10:36:07 -0500
>From: Daniel C Jones <daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] New Windsor vs All aluminum new 5.4 modular? -
     >  Life    after 3 decades with a Cleveland
>To: Pantera REALBIG forum <detomaso at realbig.com>

> Great review Dan....what was the build on the Cleveland that made
411RWHP??

>Mike McDougal's engine is a 393C (4.03" bore by 3.85" stroke Scat kit
>with Probe flat top pistons, 11:1 on 92 octane) with unported CHI-4V
>heads, runner equalized Blue Thunder dual plane intake, QFT 750 carb,
>a solid lifter cam of specs:

> 239/244 (268/273) degrees dur. 0.605"/0.588" lift (less 0.018" lash), 108
LSA

>GTS headers with these mufflers:

> http://pantera.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5650045562/m/4850059725/p/1

>They are Cherry Bomb Extreme mufflers (p/n 545-7425, single 2 1/2"
>inlet, dual 2 1/4" outlet) with Hooker tips (p/n 520-22202, 2 1/2" X 3").
>The pipes are Dynomax 2" mandrel J bends (p/n 289-42310) cut to fit.
>Each muffler has a removable insert in each tip.  The inserts are packed
>with ATV/Motorcycle muffler packing.  Though Mike had two remaining pulls
>we only dyno'd them with the inserts as I forgot they were removable.
.The engine was also equipped with this paper element air cleaner: