[DeTomaso] # of surviving cars

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 13:18:26 EDT 2010

Sorry  ;-)

I always think about the original owners, maybe I'm strange ( OK, we know
that already ).

But just how cool was the guy who came home with an 812 Cord back then?

What kind of guy bought a Cobra 289 in 1965 as a daily driver?

How many women graced the back seat of the 1957 Chev. Bel-Air I saw at the
 last car show?

Was the 1967 GTO I saw last weekend a Saturday Night warrior on some drag
strip 40 years ago?

Aside from the machinery, it's about the people and I actually look at the
stuff people display with their cars,
its a bit of history, sometimes it helps put the cars and life in general in
perspective.

When people ask me, is the Pantera yours?

 I like to say,

"It is for now, I'm just keeping it in shape for the next guy to enjoy after
me."

Michael Shortt

--

Michael L. Shortt