[DeTomaso] ProvaMo Login timeout

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 12:15:53 EDT 2010

Since this applies to more than one person (or just a MAC surfer) I’ll resend this to the
list

and “WLH”, as it went to the list previously.

…

OK, not every page… that would have told me something (else/new) as far as debugging goes
…

There is a (ISP) server-imposed time limit (because we are interacting with a live
database)

which I was able to get changed from 10 minutes to something like 20 or 30 minutes a few
months ago.

If people don’t use the “LOGOUT” function it can leave the connection open, and there
are just

so many connections allowed apparently.  I put a LOGOUT button on every page for this
reason.

People don’t use it enough, from the error messages in the error log.

I don’t know if the timeout clock starts after the last database access or from last
login…

Anyway your Apple experience is good to know, thanks Mike (and Jack).

Chuck

Does it require a re-login on EVERY page?

It only requires me to re-login about every 〓 hour.

It's completely random.  Not every page, but certainly more than every half hour.
Sometimes I'll get to 5-7 pages before it asks me to login again.