[DeTomaso] # of surviving cars

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 18:24:27 EDT 2010

It seems like Chuck Milton has been trying to get people to participate in his free online
registry, and has been criticized by people because he's using a little coercion to get
participation?  I'm not sure how well it has worked, but at least he's doing something and
on his own dime.

Ken

I'll have to look up the definition, but the word "coercion" has negative meaning to me.
Let's see what MW has to say:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coercing

"1 : to restrain or dominate by force <religion in the past has tried to coerce the
irreligious — W. R. Inge>
2 : to compel to an act or choice <was coerced into agreeing>
3 : to achieve by force or threat <coerce compliance>
synonyms see force"

At most, I try to persuade or motivate.

And if the present size of the (ProvaMo) registry is the measurement,
I believe the current method is successful.

Chuck Melton