[DeTomaso] ZF Acorn Nuts Arrived - Yeah

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Apr 20 17:04:32 EDT 2010

In a message dated 4/20/10 13 57 16, michaelsavga at gmail.com writes:

> My SS ZF acorn nuts with the integrated rubber O rings arrived yesterday
> from Mike Drew.
>
> Very Cool,  looks like I'll be laying on my back this coming Sunday
> afternoon installing them.
>
> Thanks for heading up th research and group purchase.
>
>>>My pleasure!   I've shipped most of them off already; I'm still waiting
to hear back from a handful of people who placed orders but haven't
responded when I asked for payment and shipping information.

They are quite deep, but you may have to shorten some of the studs to get
them to seat properly.   I suggest you leave the stock nuts in place, then
shorten the protuding studs a bit, clean up the threads, then remove the stock
nuts, which will help clean up any remaining issues with the shortened
studs.

Remove and replace the nuts one at a time--don't remove all the nuts
together.

Also, if you want to polish the nuts, here's my technique.   I chucked a
stud up in a hand drill, threaded a nut onto the stud, then used metal polish
on a rag (available at any auto parts store in the world).   It took about
two minutes each, or roughly 45 minutes to polish 21 nuts, including setup
time.