[DeTomaso] # of surviving cars

Mark McWhinney msm at portata.com
Tue Apr 20 16:04:28 EDT 2010

A few notes.

* POCA would very much like to have a full registry, however the time
and effort to do so are huge.  A while back, Chuck estimated that he had
put in over 2,000 hours on the registry to collect info, clean it up,
get pictures, verify the info, etc.  There is also a lot of time to hook
up old info with new info to form a timeline of ownership, mods, and
events.  Of course, there is time and effort to build and maintain the
software and general website work. For the work that I have seen him do,
I am sure that it is well beyond 2,000 hours at this point (that's the
equivalent of working fulltime for more a year.)

* We have talked to Chuck about incorporating his registry into POCA and
move it onto the POCA website, but he has chosen to keep things as is.

* Chuck has gone to great lengths to keep data private.  He does not
release owner info without first contacting the owner for permission to
release.  (I have noticed that people on this forum to tend to post
other people's contact info publically, which makes me cringe.)

* Chuck has around 3,000 cars in the registry, so it has the majority of
the surviving cars.

* Peter Havlik has assembled a registry of the late model Panteras, VINs
9000 through 9641.  He sent me a CD with an update which I will load
onto the POCA website shortly.

See more info about Pantera registries at
http://www.poca.com/index.php/cl/reg