[DeTomaso] # of surviving cars

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 14:21:33 EDT 2010

All,

Here's the problem and one that we all have issues with to some degree or
another.

Who gets to see the registry and what information gets shared?

Name of Owner
Email of Owner
Date of Acquisition
VIN of Car
Photos of Car
City of Car

That's what I'm willing to share,
where it lives, stays parked or stored, etc.
 isn't going to be shared with strangers.
Mailing me a bunch of crap isn't going to happen.
Asking how much I paid isn't going to happen.

So how can we establish a sight that is user controlled, yet maintainable
and linked to all the others?

I own the domain "detomasopanteraregistry.com" and have for years,
when a reasonable and viable answer to the above is presented, I'd be happy
to allow the domain name use for such a purpose.
It should not be a for profit deal.

I know of no other current idea aside from the effort of  Chuck's ( which
requires a password )
which is good for privacy but also a PIA, clearly you can't have it both
ways.

One idea may be a group effort on a social networking site
with everyone creating a page for their car and linking all these pages
together as friends...but it requires each owner and when you add people
you always add problems.

Can the registry software of Shelby or others be licensed?

Michael Shortt